Sunday, December 11, 2011

Summer Blooms to Winter Wreaths


This year I decided to make my own winter wreath using what I had in my garden.  Looking around I found so much to work with but I was most drawn to the lush mop head hydrangea blooms.  I had tons and I put them to good use. I feel like I have saved a part of my garden to enjoy every time I come in the front door. What do you think of my first home grown winter wreath?
My Front Door

After having made my first wreath, I was quickly inspired to make more.  I made this one for my friend Katie in North Carolina.  We were there recently visiting family and friends.  Katie's wreath reflects her creative and gentle personality.  She instantly hung it on her door and it suited her house to a tee.

 

Katie's wreath made of evergreens and hydrangea, lavender, gomphrena and Skimmia

Take a closer look


No comments:

Post a Comment