Saturday, November 20, 2010

What to do in Fairfield County with an Almost 3 Year Old!

Yes, it's that time of the year when we start getting visitors for the Holiday's. I love the hustle and bustle, the cooking and the chill in the air. But what do you do when you don't have kids and you have to entertain a little one? Maybe, your grandkids are coming in and you're at a loss. No worries! This week, I'll let you live vicariously through me and enjoy all the hotspots for the little ones.

I headed out to LaGuardia earlier today with my husband to pick up my stepson, his wife and their almost 3 year old. I figured since they would be traveling, I didn't have to plan a formal activity. Lucky for everyone, LaGuardia's bag claim area was a perfect spot to let out some steam before our hour long ride home. A little cat nap in the car didn't hurt and when we got home it was time to play some more.

We have a dog, Cello, who was more than happy to play "catch" with Henry for awhile. Next came Pop Pop with the leaf blower...another fun activity that not only was fun, but was useful!
MaMa and DeeDee (that's me) headed out for some goodies to stock the cabinets and fridge while Henry played with the big boys. When we got home we went for our first "thing to do".

Frank Pepe's Pizza in Fairfield is a great place to go with kids of all ages. They seem to cater to them and to their hungry parents. The only trick to Pepe's is getting there at the right time. By the time we managed to get there, around 6:00, there was already a line out the door. Thankfully the line did move at a reasonable pace. Another plus was having a rock outcropping where Henry was able to practice his rock climbing skills then hit the big wood pile.

Once seated, the waitress was right there and our food came fairly quickly. A nice thin crispy crust was just what we all needed. The original Pepe's is in New Haven if you get up that way.

Tomorrow I'm thinking of driving down to Stamford for the UBS Parade Spectacular. I've never been there, but if it's a nice day, it should be fun. I'll let you know tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment